It all started when...
The ASTM C90 standard changed from requiring 2.25 in/ft minimum equivalent web thickness to requiring 6.5 in2/ft2 normalized web area in standard concrete masonry units. What followed was a 6 year design genesis that has resulted in a full line of concrete masonry units that are a patented redesign of an A-shaped, open ended CMU. The design of the original ProBlock along with the logo, marketing literature, and even the website has matured along with the engineering behind it.
The ProBlock masonry wall system is a wholly new concept developed for productivity, safety, energy performance and profitability.
- Improved mason productivity
- Decreased risk in job-site related injuries
- Reduced project cost and scheduling
- Savings on rebar and labor through reduced lapping
- ASTM C90 Complaints
- High thermal R Values without the cost premium of other masonry wall system
- 26%+ lighter than other CMU's of the same material mix, making it easier to handle and quicker to install.
- Open-end design allows masons to lay around vertical rebar , utility runs and reduce or avoid overhead lifting.
- Reduce rebar splicing and the amount of steel required for the project.
- Balanced center of gravity is located properly "in the center web" of the block for ease of handling.